It's been a while since I've stolen a meme. I almost never get tagged, and I really don't mind, since if it looks like fun I'll just take it anyway. I found this quick little name meme at KathyHowe's place, Kazoofus.com.
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME (first pet, current car): Aphrodite Civic
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME (fave ice cream flavor, favorite type of shoe): Chocolate Slingback
3. YOUR NATIVE AMERICAN NAME (favorite color, favorite animal): Red Dog
4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name, city where you were born): Elizabeth Yonkers
5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME (the first three letters of your last name, first two of your first name): Vasfl (I don't even know how you'd pronounce that)
6. SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color, favorite drink): Blue Lemonade
7. NASCAR NAME (the first names of your grandfathers): Peter Ernest (It doesn't specify an order, so I used maternal/paternal. It sounds better than Ernest Peter...)
8. STRIPPER NAME ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy): Chanel Reese
9. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME (your fifth grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter): Mears Madison (that actually does sound like a TV-news name!)
10. SPY NAME (your favorite season/holiday, flower): Spring Rose
11. CARTOON NAME (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now): Clementine Pants
12. HIPPIE NAME (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree): Oatmeal Oak
More meme thievery! I found this "food meme" at The Unfocused Life - but so did Mike, and he stole it first.
1. How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled, or in an omelet. I don't like 'em fried, and won't touch them soft-boiled (I had to eat them that way as a kid. Ew.). I like them mixed with cheese, ham, and fried potatoes - any or all.
2. How do you take your coffee/tea?
It's coffee, with flavored creamer, a little milk, and one packet of Splenda.
3. Favorite breakfast food:
I love breakfast food! I only get to pick one? OK, then...cinnamon-roll French toast. Decadence on a plate.
4. Peanut butter:
Lived on it for 13 years of school, but I don't eat it much anymore. When I do, it's the reduced-fat kind. I've always preferred smooth - it spreads easier on the bread.
5. What kind of dressing on your salad?
Italian, balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard.
6. Coke or Pepsi?
I don't drink soda. (My husband, who takes his caffeine carbonated, makes up for me).
7. You’re feeling lazy. What do you make?
Cereal for dinner! But if I don't want a cold meal, probably a sandwich and maybe some soup with it.
8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order?
Half cheese, half pepperoni from Vincenzo's - best pizza in town!
9. You feel like cooking. What do you make?
Usually, this happens on the weekends, and I like to cook ahead of time so I can get dinner ready faster during the week. I might cook up a big pot of pasta sauce, or make my BBQ meatloaf. And if I'm really feeling domestic, I'll bake.
10. Do any foods bring back good memories?
Not exactly, but remembering good food makes me happy, and makes me look forward to eating it again!
11. Do any foods bring back bad memories?
Pizza did for a long time, but I eventually got over it. I got violently sick on pizza when I was five or six years old, and wouldn't eat it again for over ten years. Ever hear of a teenager who didn't eat pizza?That was me.
12. Do any foods remind you of someone?
Certain flavors and aromas in pasta sauce and meatballs remind me of Sunday dinners at my great-aunts' house when I was a kid.
13. Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Brussels sprouts. I ate them once, so I know I hate them. But since my husband won't eat cooked vegetables at all, I'm probably safe from this one.
14. What was your favorite food as a child?
Spaghetti and meatballs, and I've never outgrown it.15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like?
I can't think of an example, but I know there must be quite a few, because I was a very, very picky child.
16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate?
I don't hate it, but I don't eat much red meat anymore.
17. Favorite fruits and vegetables:
Clementines, strawberries, bananas, potatoes, cucumbers, mixed-greens salad
18. Favorite junk food:
It varies. Right now, it's Trader Joe's Popped Potato Chips.
19. Favorite between meal snack:
I really don't snack much - it's probably my one good food habit.20. Do you have any weird food habits?
I eat my sandwiches from the outside in - I have to get the crusts out of the way first.
21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on?
I'm a Weight Watchers lifetime member, so technically I don't "diet;" I maintain or I track points. And in order to maximize my points values, I'll look for low-fat, high-fiber foods, and sometimes I'll take the easy way out (a/k/a Lean Cuisine).
22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like?
See #21. I'm never "off a diet" either, theoretically. But if I can splurge, I want brownies!
23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai?
I don't. Not a big fan of Asian cuisines. I need to be in the right mood for even Chinese or Japanese.
24. Can I get you a drink?
An Arnold Palmer (lemonade iced tea), please.
25. Red or White Wine?
White before dinner, red with it...or if I can't make up my mind, the ultimate chick drink, White Zinfandel.
26. Favorite dessert?
Just one?! Don't make me choose! I love brownies, chocolate cake, cheesecake, and pumpkin pie...let's start with those.27. The perfect nightcap?
Hot chocolate while watching TV with Tall Paul.
Your turn, should you choose to take it...