5 Things I Missed While on Vacation:
- My dog! I think this was the longest (10 days) that we've been away from each other. She was actually supposed to stay at the boarding kennel until this morning, but since we made it home earlier on Monday than we'd expected, we were able to pick her up sooner.
- My showerhead. It's one of those hand-held adjustable ones, and I've really gotten spoiled by it.
- My morning routine. Not the getting-up-at 4:30 part, but the workout, the grooming regimen (which always gets short shrift on vacation, since there are things I don't bring), and breakfast. Yes, I actually missed oatmeal, and pineapple juice too.
- Reading blogs. I actually coped with being offline better than expected, and since my time online was limited, I restricted most of it to e-mail, responding to comments here, and writing. I'm looking forward to catching up with y'all!
- My own bed. Especially the pillows.
- Traffic reports. And traffic in general, let's be honest...
- A Southern California heat wave. Weather-wise, I understand we picked a good time to head north. We're also getting lucky in having a cooling trend arrive just in time for our return.
- My cell phone.
It was a great trip, and it's nice to be back. One more big "thank you" to the guest posters!