Having said that, if I did make New Year's resolutions, these things might be on the list, but in no particular order:
- Learn to juggle my family, my work, my writing/blogging/reading, and whatever else there is in my life more effectively.
- Re-focus on doing my job effectively and consistently - I've been making too many excuses and seizing distractions too readily.
- Plan - and actually take! - a special outing with my husband at least once every couple of months; so far, we've talked about playing tourists in Hollywood and touring Santa Barbara on Segways.
- Maintain my weight on my own, using what I've learned in four years with Weight Watchers.
- Transfer a set amount into savings once a month and treat it like a bill, not something done out of the "leftovers."
- Clear out closets, dressers, and bookshelves, and make trips to Goodwill and the Friends of the Library donation rooms, at least every three months.
- Catalog my books.
- Buy fewer books till I've read more of the dozens already in TBR status (yeah, that's totally not going to happen, but it sounds good).
- Zero out the credit cards and keep the balances current.
- Cook more often, and try for a more varied menu.
Got resolutions? Care to share? Need ideas? Check out the Ten on Tuesday players!