- Where did you celebrate Thanksgiving this year? At home with the family
- Did you travel to get there? No, that was the point of staying at home
- How much time, if any, do you have off work for the Thanksgiving holiday? Two days, but I had to use vacation time to get Friday off
- Did you do the cooking? Yep. I haven't done it for a few years and I actually wanted to. It turned out well and I'm glad I did it, even though I was on my feet a lot (not a daily thing when you have a desk job)
- Did you have turkey or something else? We had a cut-up whole chicken, marinated in a lemon-herb-garlic mixture and baked. No one in the house particularly likes turkey, so we go our own way
- Do you ever go out to a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner? We did last year, and my husband particularly disliked the experience, which is another reason we stayed home this year
- Do you eat Thanksgiving dinner earlier, later, or at the same time as you usually eat dinner? Earlier - around mid-afternoon
- Did you go to a church service on Thanksgiving day? Even when I did go to church regularly, Thanksgiving wasn't a Holy Day of Obligation, and I don't really go to church at all anymore...this is a long way to go to say "no"
- Will you, or have you ever, volunteered at a soup kitchen serving Thanksgiving dinner? Never have, but I might...never say never
- Do you enjoy cranberries? Nope
- Did you get a free turkey from anyone this year (employer, grocery store bonus program, etc.)? No, and if I had, we wouldn't have eaten it anyway (see #5)
- What are you thankful for? See previous post.
- Did you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade? No - I usually forget it's on, to be honest; and as a SoCal native, my husband's loyalty is to the Tournament of Roses Parade on New Year's Day
- Have you ever actually gone to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade in NYC? No
- Did you watch football games? No, why should it have been any different from usual? I'm not a football fan (I'm the one who went for a drive on Super Bowl Sunday and came back engaged to be married, you know)
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving Day tradition? I don't think I have one
- Did you help do the dishes after dinner? Since I did the cooking, my husband and mother-in-law kicked me out of the kitchen at clean-up time
- Do you like pumpkin pie? Oh, yes, and mine turned out just yummy!
- Was there someone you wished you could be with this Thanksgiving? My son, but he'll be here at Christmas
- Will you go Christmas shopping on “Black Friday” or are those people just crazy? I get up early to avoid people, not crowd stores with them. I have to take my dad grocery shopping today, but plan to stay away any other stores as much as possible!
Saturday, November 24, 2007
The day after - a Thanksgiving meme
I'm thankful for memes when I need ideas for posts, and for the other bloggers who are glad to let you make off with them. I found this one on Thursday evening via Laurie at Team Building is For Suckers, but I've adapted it for post-Thanksgiving Day responses.